Job Title: Primary Care Services Manager
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Remuneration: Negotiable, dependent upon qualifications and previous experience.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Islay Medical Services for an enthusiastic, motivated and trust-worthy individual. The successful applicant will answer directly to the Management Team (Business Development Manager and Principal GPs) and be involved in:
- The development and implementation of the strategic plan for Islay Medical Services, working closely with staff and service users to improve the quality of care.
- Liaising with the Health and Social Care Partnership in managing the Medical Service contracts, representing the Management Team as required.
- Supporting the operation of the Practice administrative team.
- Managing budgets and supervising book-keeping and pay-roll operations, working alongside the practice manager and accountant.
- Improving communication with services users, promoting patient participation groups and the social media profile of the organisation.
- Providing personal assistant support to the Business Development Manager and Principal GPs as required.
- Supporting IT infrastructure within the organisation, including working closely with the INPS software development team to deliver a programme which meets the needs of patients on Islay.
- Co-ordinating the teaching of undergraduate Medical Students and continuous training and development of staff.
The successful applicant will have:
- Aflexible approach to working and hold a clean driving licence, as they will be required to spend time at all 3 Islay Medical Service sites . Attendance at evening meetings will be required from time to time.
- Previous experience of a supervisory or management role within an organisation, including Human Resource responsibility.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- The ability to work independently, using initiative.
The successful candidate does not require to have previous experience of working within the Health Service.
Informal enquiries are welcome and can be made by contacting Mr Alan Beresford on 01496 301039 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Formal applications should be submitted to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 10th July, including a CV and cover letter.